Opened in 2008 by the Provincetown Dog Park Association, Inc.,a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, Pilgrim Bark Park is located on an acre of land where dogs can run free and socialize off leash. There is a general dog section and a section exclusively for small dogs under 25 pounds.
To reflect the town’s rich appreciation for the arts, local artists designed benches (including a small-scale version of the Pilgrims’ Mayflower ship), poop bag stations, kiosks, signage and a sup…er-sized doghouse at the park’s entrance. Anchored by a bronze whale’s tail sculpture is a memorial section. Three fire hydrants painted to look like canine versions of Provincetown’s police officers, firefighters and public workers sit sentry outside the park. See Art in the Park.
Pilgrim Bark Park is 100% privately funded and relies on your generosity. Please Support our park.
Pilgrim Bark Park is located at the intersection of Route 6 and Shank Painter Road in Provincetown, MA, and is open year round. Access to parking and the main entrance are from Route 6 going East. See Directions for a map. Please remember that during snowy winters, Pilgrim Bark Park’s parking lot will not be plowed and the walkways will not be shoveled. Enter at your own risk.
While at the park, please abide by the following rules to ensure a safe and healthy experience for you and your dog!
Rules & Regulations
While you are at the park, please abide by the following rules:
- MUST be licensed and vaccinated, and wear tags at all times
- MUST be spayed or neutered
- MUST be at least four months old
- MUST be within view and voice control of owner at all times
- MUST NOT be sick or suffering with parasites
- MUST be leashed when outside the gated enclosure
- MAY NOT bring animals other than dogs into the park
- MAY NOT bring more than 3 dogs into the park at one time
- MUST clean up after dog IMMEDIATELY
- MUST IMMEDIATELY remove a problem dog (displaying aggressive behavior, mounting, excessive barking) from park WITHOUT DEBATE
- MAY NOT bring food, alcoholic beverages or glass containers into park
- MAY NOT smoke
- MUST IMMEDIATELY stop dogs from digging and fill in any holes
- MUST keep park gates closed at all times
- ARE SOLELY responsible for injuries and damage caused by their dogs
- MUST provide supervision to children under age 16
- MAY NOT bring strollers, bicycles or any children’s toys into park
Keeping Pets Healthy
Wherever dogs frequent or congregate, whether on beaches, trails or in dog parks, there is a greater risk of contracting parasites, and PARASITES ARE CONTAGIOUS, SO PLEASE – PICK UP YOUR PET’S POOP and encourage others to do the same – MAKE SURE that your dogs are on heartworm & parasite prevention year-round – KEEP SICK DOGS AT HOME
Bark Park is located at the intersection of Rt 6 and Shank Painter Road in Provincetown.
Parking and main entrance access from Route 6 going East.